November 5, 2015
For millennia, the geographical distribution of fungal species evolved very slowly: despite their infinitesimal weight, spores generally land only a few meters...
July 9, 2015
Annually in the US, the North American Mycological Association registers very few deaths related to wild mushroom consumption, generally less than four per...
February 4, 2015
Fungi, bacteria and plants break down their surrounding material; they absorb what is edible and neutralize what is harmful. Bioremediation is the planned...
December 29, 2014
The world of mushrooms is not limited to those that are easily seen with the naked eye – it includes countless microscopic organisms which work together with...
December 3, 2014
More than 400 million years ago, fungi discovered agriculture : they began cultivating algeae and cyanobacteriae to meet their needs in carbohydrates and...
November 23, 2014
Known in China for over 2000 years, Kombucha has gained worldwide popularity in recent years. A fermented drink, it is often said to have medicinal properties...
September 30, 2014
You love wild mushrooms. You do not have time to forage them yourself and sometimes no time to cook. Discover a few good restaurants in Montréal where wild...
September 26, 2014
Two summers ago “Chagagab” decided that after turning 15 he would attempt a wilderness survival experience. It has been three years now that this young...
March 23, 2014
The continued impact of global warming on future distribution of species is a subject of great concern. A recently published study, Changements climatiques et...
December 11, 2013
You must have heard about the butterfly effect: according to a certain Chaos Theory, the beat of a butterfly’s wings in the tropics can cause a storm in the...
- November 2019
- June 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- July 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- July 2012
- January 2012
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- - The Mycological Society of Montreal
- - The Mycological Society of the Outaouais
- - The Mycological Society of Alma
- - The Mycological Society of Québec
- - The Saguenay Mycological Society Inc.
- - The Mycological Society of Sudbury
- - The Toronto Mycological Society
- - Association of the Chemical Profession of Ontario - Poison Control Center
- - Association des Mycophiles Sylvifrancs
- - Intellicast: accurate precipitation readings of the past 7 days
- - Mycoquébec
- - The Québec Mycoblogue
- - Identification Key of Entolomatacea in the Pacific Northwest
- - A compilation of mycological information found on the internet
- - Benoît Peyre
- - When mushrooms and photography collide
- - General Mushroom Info (France)
- - Steps to identifying your harvest (France)
- - Good advice for finding and identifying (France)
- - The Eguisheim Mushroom Boutique (France)
- - The Villefranche Mushroom Boutique (France)