July 19, 2013
Located 100km south of Lyon, the hamlet of St-Bonnet-le-Froid is perched up high in the mountains, at an altitude of 1200m and is surrounded by Douglas fir...
April 27, 2013
Unlike intelligence, passion for mushrooms is not evenly distributed on Earth. It is rather scattered here and there such as the dark spots on the hide of a...
February 25, 2013
On a late July afternoon, two men showed up at the store. I greeted them, an improbable couple that could have passed for Jehovah’s witnesses, in their...
February 3, 2013
In the history of North-Eastern of North America, mushrooms have been intriguingly absent. In general, Native Americans here seem to have had mixed feelings: a...
November 10, 2012
Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) is a polypore mushroom that is widespread throughout boreal forests, particularly those here in North Eastern North America. You...
July 4, 2012
Yes and yes! Except for a few species, it is recommended to cook and wash any mushrooms you eat, especially if they are wild.
Cooking mushrooms, as well as...
January 20, 2012
In what seems now to be another life, my opinion of mushrooms was that of my family’s: spongy “vegetables” found on pizza toppings. The common belief was...
September 26, 2011
Since ancient times mushrooms have been known for their healing properites. Ötzi, the prehistoric hunter killed by an arrow in the back five thousand years...
September 25, 2011
Worldwide, the white button mushroom has come to typify what's called a mushroomy taste. Yet there is amazing diversity of flavour, texture, and aroma among...
August 14, 2011
Contrary to popular belief, edible mushrooms are often more nutritious than their vegetable counterparts, containing more essential amino-acids, proteins,...
- June 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- July 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- July 2012
- January 2012
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- - The Mycological Society of Montreal
- - The Mycological Society of the Outaouais
- - The Mycological Society of Alma
- - The Mycological Society of Québec
- - The Saguenay Mycological Society Inc.
- - The Mycological Society of Sudbury
- - The Toronto Mycological Society
- - Association of the Chemical Profession of Ontario - Poison Control Center
- - Association des Mycophiles Sylvifrancs
- - Intellicast: accurate precipitation readings of the past 7 days
- - Mycoquébec
- - The Québec Mycoblogue
- - Identification Key of Entolomatacea in the Pacific Northwest
- - A compilation of mycological information found on the internet
- - Benoît Peyre
- - When mushrooms and photography collide
- - General Mushroom Info (France)
- - Steps to identifying your harvest (France)
- - Good advice for finding and identifying (France)
- - The Eguisheim Mushroom Boutique (France)
- - The Villefranche Mushroom Boutique (France)