Winter chanterelle ratatouille
- Preparation: 30 min
- Cooking: 1h
- Portions: 4
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 3 yellow and green zuchinni sliced
- 4 large fresh peeled and seeded tomatoes or 1 can of plum tomatoes 796ml drained
- 2 yellow bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup black olive sundried
- 200 g winter chanterelles and / or common chanterelles (30 g if dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large pot. At medium-low heat, sauté the onions and eggplant for 10-15 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook another 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, bay leaves and cayenne. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, cook for 30 minutes uncovered.
Add peppers, zucchini, garlic and basil. Salt and pepper. Cook 10-15 minutes longer.
Serve hot over pasta or polenta. Top with grated cheese. Can also be eaten cold.