Bulgarian Yogurt Starter
- Brand : Cultures for Health
- Amount : 1.2 g
Reusable, mild flavor, thick consistancy.
Bulgarian Yogurt Starter Culture is the creamiest of the thermophilic heirloom yogurts. It can be re-cultured indefinitely. Thick, rich, and mild, this is the closest to commercial “European Style” yogurt.
- Each box contains 2 packets of yogurt starter
- Activate 1 packet using 1 quart pasteurized milk; store 2nd packet in the freezer as a back-up
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance
- This culture is also suitable for use with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care.
- The mild flavor of Bulgarian Yogurt makes it a great base for dips, dressings, or other recipes using yogurt.
Bulgarian Yogurt Starter Instructions and Troubleshooting:
- Instructions for using this culture may be found here.
- Having trouble making Bulgarian yogurt? Browse our Yogurt Troubleshooting Articles or contact us for assistance.
Ingredients: Organic milk, live active bacteria (L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus).
This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Shipping Information and Shelf-life: Our Bulgarian starter culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried yogurt culture. The starter keeps
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 3 to 4 months
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 9 months unopened
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 12 months unopened
Manufactured in a facility that also produces products made with gluten and dairy.