November 25, 2018
In June 2014, homeowners confronted with the proliferation of woolly filaments in the crawl space of their residence, turned to experts. They concluded that an...
October 20, 2018
White button mushrooms are in every grocery store around the world. As inexpensive as they may be, they have a flaw: they bruise easily, which makes them less...
October 27, 2017
Mycoremediation is the use of fungi to break down organic compounds and pollutants. Mushrooms naturally recycle hydrocarbons. This is particularly the case for...
June 23, 2017
Numerous species of mushrooms draw on the ground circles which have, at all times, intrigued. The story begins with a spore germinating and releasing...
December 11, 2016
Some mushrooms do not only bring benefits. In our area of northeastern North America, the dry rot fungus (Serpula lacrymans) has been spreading. In some...
January 30, 2016
You must have already seen Chaga high on a tree. At first sight, you thought you had discovered a coal chunk in an unlikely place. The mushroom is a ubiquitous...
November 5, 2015
For millennia, the geographical distribution of fungal species evolved very slowly: despite their infinitesimal weight, spores generally land only a few meters...
February 4, 2015
Fungi, bacteria and plants break down their surrounding material; they absorb what is edible and neutralize what is harmful. Bioremediation is the planned...
September 26, 2014
Two summers ago “Chagagab” decided that after turning 15 he would attempt a wilderness survival experience. It has been three years now that this young...
March 23, 2014
The continued impact of global warming on future distribution of species is a subject of great concern. A recently published study, Changements climatiques et...
- March 2020
- November 2019
- June 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- July 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- July 2012
- January 2012
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- - The Mycological Society of Montreal
- - The Mycological Society of the Outaouais
- - The Mycological Society of Alma
- - The Mycological Society of Québec
- - The Saguenay Mycological Society Inc.
- - The Mycological Society of Sudbury
- - The Toronto Mycological Society
- - Association of the Chemical Profession of Ontario - Poison Control Center
- - Association des Mycophiles Sylvifrancs
- - Intellicast: accurate precipitation readings of the past 7 days
- - Mycoquébec
- - The Québec Mycoblogue
- - Identification Key of Entolomatacea in the Pacific Northwest
- - A compilation of mycological information found on the internet
- - Benoît Peyre
- - When mushrooms and photography collide
- - General Mushroom Info (France)
- - Steps to identifying your harvest (France)
- - Good advice for finding and identifying (France)
- - The Eguisheim Mushroom Boutique (France)
- - The Villefranche Mushroom Boutique (France)