March 14, 2020
He approaches the cash register. A man in his early forties, bald. Alex starts by telling me his story.
He has a lot against conventional medicine. He was a...
November 20, 2019
A few days ago, a customer named Kevin visited Mycoboutique’s shop in Montréal. Among other purchases, he brought to the cash counter a fascinating book:...
June 27, 2019
Previously unknown in our latitudes, Lyme disease has been steadily progressing northwards: it affects more and more hikers. It begins with localized rash but...
January 28, 2019
Health Canada writes somewhere that "mushrooms are part of a healthy diet and provide many of the nutrients your body needs." Why aqren't mushrooms mentionned...
February 27, 2017
Through time and people, mushrooms have had the reputation of boosting sexual ardour.
The truffle, for example, had this reputation among ancient Greeks....
March 28, 2016
In a public confession written over 21 years ago, disclosed only early this year, Olympic champion Wang Junxia, 46 years old today, and nine of her then...
July 9, 2015
Annually in the US, the North American Mycological Association registers very few deaths related to wild mushroom consumption, generally less than four per...
November 18, 2013
Most mushrooms lend themselves wonderfully to dehydration: their savour is thus concentrated without losing their nutritive value. Away from humidity, they...
November 10, 2012
Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) is a polypore mushroom that is widespread throughout boreal forests, particularly those here in North Eastern North America. You...
January 20, 2012
In what seems now to be another life, my opinion of mushrooms was that of my family’s: spongy “vegetables” found on pizza toppings. The common belief was...
- October 2020
- March 2020
- November 2019
- June 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- July 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- July 2012
- January 2012
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- - The Mycological Society of Montreal
- - The Mycological Society of the Outaouais
- - The Mycological Society of Alma
- - The Mycological Society of Québec
- - The Saguenay Mycological Society Inc.
- - The Mycological Society of Sudbury
- - The Toronto Mycological Society
- - Association of the Chemical Profession of Ontario - Poison Control Center
- - Association des Mycophiles Sylvifrancs
- - Intellicast: accurate precipitation readings of the past 7 days
- - Mycoquébec
- - The Québec Mycoblogue
- - Identification Key of Entolomatacea in the Pacific Northwest
- - A compilation of mycological information found on the internet
- - Benoît Peyre
- - When mushrooms and photography collide
- - General Mushroom Info (France)
- - Steps to identifying your harvest (France)
- - Good advice for finding and identifying (France)
- - The Eguisheim Mushroom Boutique (France)
- - The Villefranche Mushroom Boutique (France)