December 28, 2017
In October 2016, Miro and Fanny, in their late twenties, were preparing a trip to Yukon: like thousands of other apprentice adventurers, they were dreaming of...
October 27, 2017
Mycoremediation is the use of fungi to break down organic compounds and pollutants. Mushrooms naturally recycle hydrocarbons. This is particularly the case for...
October 7, 2017
The official name of a species is an internationally recognized origin certification: it determines the commercial value of a given mushroom. Thus, the...
June 23, 2017
Numerous species of mushrooms draw on the ground circles which have, at all times, intrigued. The story begins with a spore germinating and releasing...
April 19, 2017
Toadstools is a British word for suspect mushrooms. In the 5th Century, Germanic tribes, migrating from northern Germany, brought the rather unappetizing word...
March 30, 2017
From April first to July 20th 1934, Austrian anthropologist David Winkler stayed in a northern Amazonian region where he visited remote Wayampi villages. The...
February 27, 2017
Through time and people, mushrooms have had the reputation of boosting sexual ardour.
The truffle, for example, had this reputation among ancient Greeks....
December 11, 2016
Some mushrooms do not only bring benefits. In our area of northeastern North America, the dry rot fungus (Serpula lacrymans) has been spreading. In some...
March 28, 2016
In a public confession written over 21 years ago, disclosed only early this year, Olympic champion Wang Junxia, 46 years old today, and nine of her then...
January 30, 2016
You must have already seen Chaga high on a tree. At first sight, you thought you had discovered a coal chunk in an unlikely place. The mushroom is a ubiquitous...
- March 2020
- November 2019
- June 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- July 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- July 2012
- January 2012
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- - The Mycological Society of Montreal
- - The Mycological Society of the Outaouais
- - The Mycological Society of Alma
- - The Mycological Society of Québec
- - The Saguenay Mycological Society Inc.
- - The Mycological Society of Sudbury
- - The Toronto Mycological Society
- - Association of the Chemical Profession of Ontario - Poison Control Center
- - Association des Mycophiles Sylvifrancs
- - Intellicast: accurate precipitation readings of the past 7 days
- - Mycoquébec
- - The Québec Mycoblogue
- - Identification Key of Entolomatacea in the Pacific Northwest
- - A compilation of mycological information found on the internet
- - Benoît Peyre
- - When mushrooms and photography collide
- - General Mushroom Info (France)
- - Steps to identifying your harvest (France)
- - Good advice for finding and identifying (France)
- - The Eguisheim Mushroom Boutique (France)
- - The Villefranche Mushroom Boutique (France)