Veal kidney in mustard and chanterelle sauce
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Portions: 4
- One veal kidney peeled and trimmed of all fat, sliced (600g)
- 200 g of fresh or frozen chanterelles
- 30 g of smoked bacon cubes
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light if desired)
- 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. of old fashion mustard
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon
- pepper and salt
In a hot pan, fry the mushrooms, the bacon and a little oil to become golden. If necessary during cooking, drain the water excess and reserve. Once cooked, reserve the mushrooms.
In the same skillet over high fire, add the remaining oil, fry the kidneys ten minutes . Deglaze with the white wine and reduce to near dryness. Add the mustard, tarragon and sour cream. Stir. Add the mushrooms and their water. Simmer for a few minutes.
Adjust seasoning, add chives and serve with fried potatoes and fresh asparagus.