Lobster Mushroom Carbonara
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Portions: 4
- 500g spaghetti
- 5 L water
- 250g fresh lobster mushrooms, washed and sliced.
- 200g pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated.
- 250 ml of small peas (frozen), rinsed and drained.
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
In a large pot, bring the water to a boil with 3 tablespoons of salt. Cook the pasta until its texture is al dente, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Drain, but save 150ml of the cooking water.
While the pasta is cooking, sauté the mushrooms in butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add salt and pepper and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Add the garlic and keep cooking for a few minutes. Add the hot pasta, the peas and the 150ml of cooking water. Mix, add the cheese and some pepper and continue cooking for one minute.
Remove the skillet from the burner, and add the egg yolks.
Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. This dish goes very well with Gewürztraminer wine.